Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What is a Blog??

After reading the materials and watching the videos, I now have a better understanding about what a blog really is. Before I thought that a blog was like an online journal, where you could write about whatever you felt like. A blog is like a journal but then it is also more than that. A blog is many things. It's a way to share information with others, express feelings, reflect on experiences, and just to tell the world about yourself. Also, now it has become a tool for many companies to help their empolyees and have them interact with each other. I think that blogs are also a good way to reconnect with old friends and make new ones. Personally, I feel that talking in person or over the phone is the best form of communication, but a blog still comes close to that. It is a way for people to find others out there who are going through similar situations and share common ideas, opinions, and interests. I feel that blogs are good ways to express feelings that you just can't seem to tell anyone else. People do have certain feelings and experiences that they keep inside and a blog is a good way to get those things out. They may not want to share that information with others, so that is why on some blog sites you have the option of keeping blogs private. All in all, I think that a blog is just a place where you can write just about anything. Of course, I am against hate blogging. I think it is just dumb for people or groups to post blogs that trash people based on their race, religion, sex, or sexual preference. I am all for blogging about whatever you want, but not at the expense of someone else just to make yourself feel superior.

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Yes I do agree that I am against hate blogging. I also agree that it is pointless for groups to put other people down to make themselves feel more powerful. I think that having all the extra features on blogger.com can be more fun, and exciting than writing a plain, old e-mail! Have you ever considered making a blog for yourself that is more personal?

chris said...

I too am a fan of either in person communication of phone communicatoin. I feel blogs are great for reconnecting with old friends, and for companies to see how well their products are doing. I liked your point about using blogs as a private way of getting something off your chest you would not feel comfortable with others and you may find a solution to your problem.